For more than twenty years, the engineers at Brander have been providing investigative services for insurance claims and litigation related to buildings, construction, and construction failures throughout the Midwest. These services provide reliable information for insurance companies to equitably adjust losses to pre-loss conditions and subrogate other parties who may have some responsibility for the loss. Brander can also provide services for litigants as well as provide expert witness testimony in depositions or trials.
Brander investigations have included losses in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings, and on construction sites. The investigations included numerous field tests and data compilation techniques to ascertain the cause of the loss, amount of damages related to the loss, and subrogation potential for the loss. Brander has been involved with the investigations of thousands of claims.
Below is a sampling of the claims investigated by Brander engineers:
- Hail Damage – Roofing, Siding, and other building components
- Wind Damage – Roofing, Siding, and other building components
- Roofing System Failures
- Cracks – Concrete, Masonry, Drywall, and Precast building elements
- Water Leakage – Roofs, Walls, Windows, Piping, Appliances, and Fixtures
- Condensation – Attics, Crawlspaces, Walls, and Windows
- Collapse – Trusses, Framing, Walls, Tanks, and Excavations
- Vehicle Impact – Walls, Framing, and Foundations
- Explosion Damage
- Code and Standard Applicability – Building Elements, Ladders, Stairs, and Excavations
- Construction Operations Influence on Adjacent Structures (i.e. Vibrations and Excavations)
- Construction Specification Non-Conformance
- Steel, Fiberglass, and Concrete Tanks – Collapse, Cracks