SQP® is a facility maintenance tracking system developed by Brander Engineering, Inc. It is used to record and organize information about the condition of a facility as it relates to strength, stability, and durability, and to track facility maintenance activities.
The SQP® system incorporates:
- A Condition Survey, in which direct visual observation of the entire facility are documented.
- Recommendations for action to reduce the risks associated with observed deterioration or distress, with priorities for action established based on the severity of the conditions observed.
- Development of a maintenance program for the building, including identification of the expertise needed to carry out the activities listed.
- Execution of the maintenance program.
- Review and updating of the maintenance program.
SQP® was developed to help maintain the level of preservation of facilities and increase the effectiveness of maintenance budgeting. SQP® can be used effectively by facility managers overseeing one building or numerous buildings at numerous sites.